Hi...my name is Ellie and I love cinnamon rolls, gummy bears, rain, green grass, fuzzy bunnies and my beeeeeautiful family. But also...I totally love my photography. I love meeting new people and sharing my photography with them. I can be pretty goofy and I'm not afraid to make a fool of myself to get that perfect smile. Take a peek around and don't be afraid to leave some blog love...comments are quite possibly my favorite part of blogging. I love hearing what people think. Oh...and feel free to ask questions too!

Just a Peek...

...at what we've been up to lately.



And to finish off the spider stories.

The very day after my 2 spider encounters the Hubs and I were sitting on the couch. He had gotten off of work, and we were leisurely perusing design blogs looking for ideas for our kitchen when all of a sudden the Hubs reaches over me with his napkin that he still had in his hand from eating dinner...random, I know...and grabs something RIGHT BY MY ARM.

This was not a couple feet from my arm or maybe on the floor, oh no...it was RIGHT BY MY ARM!!!!! Like 2 inches from bare flesh.

I think I might have punched something if I hadn't been holding the laptop. Good thing it wasn't a jumping spider or I might have died. Yup...another spider. 3...THREE...in a 2 day window. Since then I have seen one at least once every other day. It would seem we're infested. They've moved in. Needless to say...the Hubs has been given very VERY serious job of spraying.

So here's a question...have any of you had a spider issue? What have you done about it? I'm really curious. We looked into getting a lizard but the whole lizard loose in my house didn't really do it for me either. The Hubs and his family are deathly allergic to cats so a cat isn't an option. Do dogs catch spiders? Hmmmm.........HELP! Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

3 comments:

Jordan + Kayla said...

Beamer eats bugs! :)

Heather said...

We use sticky spider traps, they don't catch them all but work pretty great

Adrienne Zwart said...

I found your blog looking for engagement photo inspiration. (I'm doing my very first engagement shoot this weekend.) I absolutely love your style!

I love to photograph spiders as long as their outside. I hate it when they come inside the house. I use the hose end of my vacuum cleaner. Do you have a basement? It's worth your time to vacuum up those little round egg sacs in the corners and floor joists (assuming your lower level ceiling isn't finished.) I also flip over any furniture and vacuum the nooks and crannies underneath that too.